Over twenty varieties of pumpkins
Carving your pumpkin
- Have a pattern in mind? Bring it with you to find the right pumpkin to fit it.
- Make your carved pumpkin last longer. Molds and bacteria make your pumpkin rot, so disinfect the surface before you carve. Wash your pumpkin in a mild bleach solution and then dry before carving. Use clean carving tools.
- Make it last even longer. Carved pumpkins dry out and collapse eventually. Revive your pumpkin by placing it a bucket of water (or a garbage bag with water) for a few hours.
- Don’t carve until you are ready to display it. Keep it out of extreme heat and protect from frost.
- Power tools make carving big pumpkins much easier.
TREINEN FARM MAZES
Part work of art, part outdoor game, part social experiment, Treinen Farm’s unique mazes are worth a visit.